i need to try this, i have been super lazy with reading books since finishing highschool and i struggle to get through one book and I used to enjoy reading so much
Well jsyk the app itself is not actually super well formatted for reading books, I had a hard time finding the page I had left off of, for some reason there’s no bookmark or search function?? Not that I could find at least. Maybe they actually do expect you to read the whole book in one sitting. So solid idea, mediocre execution imo.
is it that spritz thing? the concept annoys me lol b/c i want to read at my own pace, like, don’t tell me how fast to read >:( but otoh it would be sweet to power through a book super quick sometimes.
Yeah it is. And I mean, as much as I love being able to relax and quietly enjoy a book at a leisurely pace sometimes, I have always wanted to be able to download some things directly into my brain and I feel like this is the closest I’m gonna be able to get to that for a while.
I downloaded that speed reader app for my tablet, and its pretty cool, I definitely want to be able to get through more books faster (mostly the EDAs bc there are so damn many) and it forces me to actually concentrate to keep up. But on the other hand, for some reason not moving my eyes while I read makes me drowsy after a while and I keep falling asleep. Oh well, i guess its a trade off, I read 3 times as many words in the time I manage to stay awake.
Oh man, that sounds perfect! I don’t remember what the last song was playing when I left, but yeah I can see how affecting that would be.
I actually knew that before b/c I once read someone’s account of bowie bragging to ppl at live aid that he could still fit into the suit. so, funny story lol. (and omg yes that red suit was a blemish amid nice outfits)
And yet, 2 years later he was hiding that trim physique under a red trash bag, oh well at least the wings were interesting.
2. yay glad your sister liked it. it’s such a likable exhibit lol. 4. yesss sweet thing was amaze, and like there was d. dogs footage i’ve never seen online !! 5. what a gr8 answer tbh. i’m p sure i know which one u mean.
re 5 yes i was correct. i remember being suprised + excited to see it too lol.
1. It was more crowded than I would have liked tbqh. At the beginning of the tour, my headset was faulty and not picking up the correct audio, but I didn’t know if I’d be able to get through the crowds again if I went back to the front to get another one. I came fairly late in the afternoon though, so it started thinning out at the end and I could freely see all the different areas.
2. She did go with, and she says she enjoyed it. She left a lot sooner than I did to hang out in the lobby and charge her phone, but I still think she was impressed. It was a real bonding moment, I feel like I can make certain references now that she will understand, even if nobody else in the family does lol.
3. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh so difficult to decide! Like I said, I loved the Diamond Dogs one, and the one that documented his androgynous fashions throughout the years (from the man’s dress to the stiletto heels with the priest outfit), and the one about his avant-garde 90s music videos and stage outfits (somehow I never realized Gail Ann Dorsey wore a tail in the video for Dead Man Walking, but that was exciting seeing her outfits there too).
4. This could also be an answer for #3, but I’m glad you gave me an opportunity to talk about it separately. There was one room that you didn’t need headphones for, it was surround sound concert footage. From several rooms away I heard a live version of Sweet Thing and rushed over to bask in the majesty and glory of that performance.
5. I don’t know why, but for some reason the black one with white stripes that kind of looks like tire tracks (not the white one with black tire tracks lol), it was a shirt and pants combo, he wore it during the Outside tour. I wish I had a better tagging system or archive myself, I can’t find a pic on my computer. Like, maybe it’s because I expected to see all the really #iconic ones, like the knitted body suit and the Pierrot clown suit and the Union Jack coat. That one was just a beautiful surprise, I love the outfit and it’s less well-known and it’s another one of those things that felt like it was there just for me. I know how ridiculous I sound, shut up.
Edit: I found it, it was this one!
I’m feeling in a talkative mood so I’m gonna tell y’all about My Very First Trip to a Large City. I was a wee child and every year the fourth grade class took a trip to the state capitol. The most formative event from this trip was when we, as a group of young naïve rural children crowded around fascinated at the sight of a strange metal box on a short pole. What was this mysterious device? What was its purpose? We couldn’t even begin to fathom where it came from or what it meant. As the years went by I somehow finally came to the gradual realization that the object of our fascination was nothing more than a humble parking meter. So now when I visit large cities, I try to play it cool and not act like a dumb hillbilly kid in awe of a parking meter.